Tuesday 28 October 2014

Review of Premium Aesthetic Facial at Gangnam Aesthetics

Mention Korea & the first thing that comes to mind is the plastic surgery procedures. But beyond the plastics, you cannot help but agree that Korean women have fantastic complexion! Lunch time today, I popped over to Gangnam Aesthetics to redeem my Groupon and experience the difference of Korean facial treatments.

I tried out the Jaesang Revival Treatment Facial which is a "60 min Revival Treatment - Afford visages with a quick perk-me-up with this facial. Feel the immediate boost of vitality as this treatment makes use of an intense jet infusion of oxygen and vitamin to bless skin with a natural, youthful glow."

The facial treatment comprises of - cleanse, extract + eyebrow shaping, massage, oxygen infusion followed by mask. Unlike most facial saloons, Gangnam does not use a steamer to open up facial pores. Halfway through the facial, my skin just felt so pampered & well cared for that I was already convinced that I am not going to leave this place without signing up for a package because the therapist was so skilled, you could tell from the firm and consistent strokes she applies on my face.

Throughout the whole treatment, my therapist did not sell or recommend any products. She simply left me to enjoy the facial. Too awesome!

Another point which I felt was a small detail yet shows how detail-oriented Gangnam is, was after the massage, the therapist would cleanse and then use a hot towel to wipe and dry you up. That way, you will not feel like an oily deep fried fish fillet like how I usually am after a facial because of the massage oil residues. Lastly because I visited during lunch time, I do have to return to office, you will be glad to know that Gangnam has a dressing table in the treatment room for you to blow-dry your hair and touch-up your face before leaving the saloon :)

Once the facial ended, I checked my complexion in the mirror and the effects were instant, my skin was glowing radiance! Unlike other saloons which I frequent, I typically step out of the beauty saloon looking all red and bruised because of the intense extractions. This once again affirms my decision to sign up for a package so much so that once I exited the treatment room, I jumped the gun even before the therapists could speak & asked for the package price.

For Groupon customers, you are entitled to a 50% discount off. The minimum package is $1,500 credits and so you pay $750. The facial which I done today costs $128, so going by that, $1,500 will entitle me to roughly 11 sessions :) For those who are interested, the Groupon is still ongoing, act fast! (Groupon link)

Gangnam Aesthetics is located at
1 Harbourfront Walk
#02-226 Vivo City
Singapore 098585

6 comments:

CC said...

Gangnam Aesthetics is a sham - incredibly difficult to arrange for appointments and the merchant uses a terribly manual appointment book (appointments in pencil scribblings). In my case, they missed out on my appointment. SO BEWARE!

Anonymous said...

After this recommendation, i have tried their Signature Wanghu facial. Its good as i see immediate results on my radiance and lifting. Staffs are friendly and their services are sweet. They deserve to be compliment. My girl friends went to try too and even bought their package. Worth a try!
p/s: not trying to be offensive, but its a beauty spa, regular goers will definitely know hand written appointment book is a culture. Its not order food from Macdonalds. *laff*

YJ said...

After reading this recommendation, I have tried their Signature Wanghu facial. Its good as i can see immediate results on my radiance and lifting. Staffs are friendly and their services are sweet. They deserve to be compliment. My girl friends went to try too and they bought the package. Worth a try!
p/s: not trying to be offensive. But its a beauty spa, regular goers will know that hand written appointment book is a culture. Its not like ordering food from Macdonalds using system *laff*

Peipeipeipei said...

Hi YJ, I agree that their manual appointment system is really quite ineffective! I ever encountered their staff not having any record of the facial appointment I made which got me quite flustered >_<

Anonymous said...

Not just the appointment system. Didn't enjoy the experience there and in fact my pigmentation got worse after doing their lasers

Peipeipeipei said...

Oh their Laser clinic! I went for a trial too -(http://peipeipeipei.blogspot.sg/2014/12/review-of-laser-facial-at-gangnam-laser.html).

Nothing impressive too, makes me wonder why so many people rave about laser facials. Nonetheless I'm gonna try laser facial at another clinic to see if the experience and effects are any different :)